Well, my good friend T. M. Baumgartner (whose fiction you should definitely check out) has put up some March 2021 goals, so you know what? I’m going to do that too. Maybe make it a thing: a monthly goal post to keep myself honest.
I’m pretty busy (even without the kitten pics), so I guess I have goals in three main arenas:
- Daikaijuzine: Publish the new release on the 21st. That means making sure all the contracts are in place and the authors are happy with the layouts of their stories and poems and what-not. After that, take a breather before reopening submissions sometime in April.
- School: Weekly blog posts on my research topic for the month (information-seeking behaviors of cryptozoologists), plus a couple of small papers. Research! Writing! Fun!
- Finish up revising the outline for And the Devil Will Drag You Under. I’m using the Save the Cat Writes a Novel method to do so. It’s worked out pretty well so far.
- Revise two short stories for submission.
- Keep submitting 2-3 stories per week.
- Finish reading and critiquing Top Secret Novel for writers’ group meeting on Thursday the 11th.
I also picked up a book called The Craft of Science Writing, so I’m going to be reading that, because the dream lives on.
That’s all I got for now. If my readers are especially nice to me, I might send out a newsletter as well.