With all the Harry Potter spoiler paranoia (heck, I’m disconnecting for the weekend!), I figured I’d post a few spoilers for you that aren’t necessarily related. Here they are:
- The ship sinks.
- Anakin turns into Darth Vader.
- Rosebud was his sled.
- He was dead the whole time.
- The aliens are killed by the common cold.
- Gollum bites the ring off Frodo’s finger and falls into Mount Doom.
- They blow up the second meteor and it never hits the earth.
And now, the ultimate spoiler of all time, below the fold: Continue reading Spoilers!
Thanks to Phil Plait at Bad Astronomy, I’ve discovered a new web comic: Home on the Strange. You should check it out. It speaks to my heart because it is about a thirty-something married nerd couple. Granted, the lead male character, Tom, is a former punk rocker while I have never listened to a complete Sex Pistols album, but it’s still a great comic.
Among my favorites:
- Child Free, Free as the Wind Blows. Because I think it would be cool to have kids for pretty much exactly the same reasons, which probably contributes to Jennifer’s determination not to have any. (Of course, the comic doesn’t touch on the possibility of kids as minions.)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. Because yeah, it would be funny. Well, it would be sad. Very, very sad. And kind of funny.
- Who is Your Savior? Because I’d love to do this sometime myself.
Go forth and check it out now.
And yep, the final Harry Potter book comes out at midnight. We’ve already made arrangements to pick up our copy, and I will be avoiding the Internet for a couple of days for fear of encountering spoilers. I know that some people will hate the ending, because it’s quite hip to dislike the later stages of a story’s evolution (I was among the few who thought that season six of Buffy was actually pretty good).